Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nut Tart

Well, less meatatarians, this is my first post about baking, and it's a dang good recipe. I found it while trolling around the blogosphere at a lovely and wonderful blog called Fragrant Vanilla Cake. (How can you NOT love something with a name like that?). The author over there seems to be some kind of wizard in the baking arena, and I have yet to find something on that blog that doesn't make my mouth water.

So, on to the specifics. I am a big fan of pecan pie, but this takes things to a whole different level. It's got pecans, sure, but also pine nuts, pistachios, cashews and almonds. That combined with a truly amazing almond and vanilla-scented shortbread crust? A total home run.

This tart was part of the going-away celebrations of a certain Bengali gentleman. He will certainly be missed while he is away.

Check out the recipe here. I have nothing more to add because it was just fantastic.

Until our next dessert,
ceh.

No comments:

Post a Comment